Dr LalChandani Labs suggesting some ways to escape the harsh air quality that has led to a public health emergency situation:
1. Try to stay inside as much as possible – People, who regularly exercise, shift their workout
sessions indoor for a time being. Schools are already closed for this week and if you can take
work from home option, take that leverage and avoid pollution as much as you can. Avoid
traveling at peak hours when pollution is relatively high.
2. Follow healthy diet and drink a lot of water – To flush off air pollutants that have entered your
body and detoxify your system, drink loads of water and follow a strictly healthy diet. Include
basil leaves and honey in your diet to boost your immune system. Eat jiggery (Gud) as much as
you can to save your lungs from Delhi air now.
4. Keep indoor plants –Keep plants inside and around your house so that the surrounding air is
clean and void of pollutants. This is the most effective way to breathe fresh air.
6. Avoid bursting crackers – Due to any occasion/reason/celebration, no matter how happy or
tempted, AVOID bursting crackers.
7. Try using electric cookers instead of gas – In such circumstances, don’t add anything to the
already worse situation. Hence, using anything electric over anything fuel best is the way to go.