When does one visit a doctor? Only when you fell sick, an obvious answer. What if I tell you that in order to stay healthy, you should visit a doctor more often? Yes this is true, your busy schedule may not allow you to spare time, but it is really important for your own well being. A regular full health checkup is a must to screen onset of certain diseases, assess risk to any future medical problem, update vaccinations etc. Here is some useful piece of information.
How Frequently Should You Pay A Visit To Your Doctor?
While some people visit a doctor only when they are ill, there are some who visit them at regular intervals. If you are healthy and below the age of 40 you may not need visit the doctor annually. As soon as you cross 40 the health complications may occur and if you are taking some prescribed medicines, the number of your visits will considerably increase. For elderly, it is recommended to get a full body checkup after every 4 to 6 months and follow up as asked by the doctor. This would help them to live a healthy and disease free life. Also, the frequency of check-ups depends upon the sex of an individual. Females are more prone to breast cancer afterthe age of 30, so it becomes important for them to get it checked annually.
What Does the Full Body Checkup Include?
A full medical check-up involves testing and evaluating all the important body systems and their functioning. Tests such as uterine testing & breast cancer are only for women and the tests for prostate cancer are just for men. The common tests for both the sex are -
- Diabetes blood test – To test your sugar levels
- Cholesterol test – To check the amount of bad cholesterol
- Urine Test – To ascertain the levels of glucose and proteins
- ECG – To test the efficient working of your heart or any other problem pertaining to it
- Eye Test – To check the efficiency of your vision.
- Ear Test – Test the functioning of your auditory system
- X-Ray or other imaging tests – If the doctor suspects ant abnormality in your reports he/she may recommend these tests.
How Much Does It Cost?
In India a full body checkup cost may range from ₹ 1000 to ₹ 5k. The cost also depends upon the lab where you choose to get the tests from. Dr Lalchandani labs provide full-body checkups in Delhi.
So schedule an appointment today and visit your doctor to get checked thoroughly. After all nothing is more important than staying fit and fine.